KODIS

Providing Traffic Information for Passengers – Electronic Informational Bo­ards

Electronic informational boards with departures of connections contain additional information (delay, platform, changes in direction) are usual in countries with developed public transport including Czech Republic.

In 2014 within the scope of European project PIMMS CAPITAL has Koordinátor ODIS s. r. o. successfully applied project Providing Traffic Information for Passengers to be co-financed by European Union through Regional Operational Programme Moravia-Silesia (ROP Moravskoslezsko) from European Regional Development Fund (85 %), the rest financial means (15 %) were provided by Moravian-Silesian Region. This first step comprised 21 electronic informational boards in 18 cities in Moravian-Silesian Region.

This project recorded many positive reactions therefore Koordinátor ODIS s.r.o. successfully applied and realized similar project: Providing Transport Information for Passengers – Information Boards” also in 2015.

The matter of the second project was installation of 35 electronic informational boards overall in 26 cities (Bílovec, Bolatice, Brušperk, Břidličná, Budišov nad Budišovkou, Bystřice, Čeladná, Dětmarovice, Frenštát pod Radhoštěm, Fulnek, Horní Benešov, Hradec nad Moravicí, Klimkovice, Kobeřice, Kozlovice, Ludgeřovice, Město Albrechtice, Ostravice, Pržno, Příbor, Raškovice, Rychvald, Řepiště, Velká Polom, Vratimov, Vrbno pod Pradědem). Electronic boards are emplaced at frequent traffic nodal points (railway stations, central stations etc.).

Many electronic boards are integrated into bus stop poles (picture below), the rest are big (LED) or small (LCD) detached boards.

If any connection has a delay, this delay is featured on the board (in case the carrier provides this information).

The value of the device is almost 4.5 million Kč without VAT. This project was also co-financed by European Union through Regional Operational Programme Moravia-Silesia (ROP Moravskoslezsko) from European Regional Development Fund (85 %), the rest financial means (15 %) were provided by Moravian-Silesian Region.

The operation of electronic informational boards is assured by Koordinátor ODIS s.r.o.